Tub tiled on 2 wide sides and one narrow side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Paco

Reaction score
I have a situation that requires a tub to be entered from one end rather than from the side. Are there tubs that are made this way?

I assume some type of flange is required on the two long sides of the tub and one of the short sides. If not, how would one go about waterproofing the tile surround?

Thanks for any help.

Paco

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I've never seen a tub made that way. Some manufacturer's make flange kits made for their tubs. This is usually some vinal or silicon strip made to be attached to the tub deck. The vertical part then goes behind the tile. You could probably either get that from the manufacturer or get a generic version. Note that you might need two kits, since it is normally made to go around two narrow and one long side.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks