(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do It Yourself Machine?

Quote Originally Posted by sendec
    "nutrient source," ewwwww

My sewer line chronically stops up, with a tree the likely culprit, plus a line that sags, and has too many angles in it.....so I am excavating and re-laying the line, or should I say, I'll have someone who actually knows what they are doing have at it.

I debated getting my own auger, or as I now refer to them, a steel anaconda of death, cause I need it done so frequently, but after my first experience with a DIY rental machine, I changed my mind right quick. How I managed to escape with all my fingers and extremities still amazes me. And the property damage done by a flailing cable, forget about it.

And the concept seems so simple
    jhjhgjghjgjghjhgj jhgj ghj ghj g

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sendec
    "nutrient source," ewwwww

"I now refer to them [as] a steel anaconda of death"

WOW, Harsh words for a tool. :P

Yup I second the death machine thing. I bought one and within 1/2 hour it snapped up and I had my hand stuck in the thing. I felt like an idiot and didn't want my wife to know. I figured out right away that reverse wouldn't do it. I had to spin myself around in a circle to get unstuck. Then I had 10 feet of cable all tangled up. When I reversed it, this thing was snapping like a bullwhip and breaking things. The first snap grabbed a hammer I had left lying on the floor and rifled it across the room breaking a huge glass vase....best left to the pros, and even then my old plumber only had a thumb and 1 finger on his right hand...

I've got the same problem. The city owns my tree which is the culprit so I can't cut it down. The previous owner had been in contact with the city and they wouldn't do anything about it.

Can I bill the city for the roto-rooter guy to come out every 12 months?

Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area

Quote Originally Posted by Polekat
    I've got the same problem. The city owns my tree which is the culprit so I can't cut it down. The previous owner had been in contact with the city and they wouldn't do anything about it.

Can I bill the city for the roto-rooter guy to come out every 12 months?
    No. They are not responsible for your sewer/drain line and its failing condition.

Pipe lining or treatments with RootX seems to be the best suggestion....short of a reroute of drain line to get around the tree. PVC is the best suggestion but it can break at stress points.....causing root intrusions once again.

Proper installation of the piping will be the ultimate right way to do it.
    Read what the end of this sentence means.

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek Mikey's Avatar

Pour a couple of gallons of tree-type herbicide down the drain and don't stand near the tree for a few weeks.