Tub Faucet Diverter Valve Leaks Despite Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

blacrm03

Reaction score
I'm a fairly new homeowner with very little plumbing experience. When I pull the diverter valve up to take a shower, water still comes out of the faucet. I thought it would just take a new tub faucet & finally got around to replacing it this weekend. Unfortunately, water still comes out of the faucet when the diverter valve is pulled up. Any idea why this may be? Could the water pressure be too high for the diverter valve to completely work? I would appreciate any help! Thank you.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
This is not usually a pressure issue. You may have some debris that got into the diverter slide gate area. Or maybe it is just a cheap part. The easiest thing to do is put another new spout on, and see if that fixes it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks