Instahot systems

Users who are viewing this thread

Dave Bean

Reaction score
Hello from a new member. :)

I'm renovating my kitchen right now and I wanted to know about the reliability and issues with Instahot systems. They are the little electric hot water heaters that go under your sinkbase. It heats small amounts of water up to 190 degrees so you don't have to boil water with a tea kettle. I plan on using it for coffee, tea, instant noodles...etc..etc..

I think there are two major brands: Franke and Insinkerator

Much appreciated

Dave Bean

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
They work great, I would go with Insinkerator

here is some info on 2 of the basic modles

1/3 Gal., 40 Cups/Hr. @ 190F
½ Gal., 60 Cups/Hr. @ 190F

JK60

Engineer
Reaction score
My first Insinkerator hot water dispenser lasted about 10 years. The second one went belly up a little shy of one year of service. It was still covered under warranty and Insinkerator sent me a new replacement. No problems with it so far, going probably 2 - 3 years. It is a very convenient appliance and I would certainly recommend it.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I had Insinkerators in a couple of houses. One lasted for only a couple of years, then developed a terminal leak; the other worked well as long as we had the house (~11 years). My wife believes that you have to start with cold water to make coffee properly, so I haven't bothered to install one in our current house.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks