Dremel or Rotozip..

Do you prefer Dremel or Rotozip

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You can use a Rotozip with one hand depending on what you are trying to cut. Using two is often called for, though. I've got an old Dremel (bought in the 1970's) and a Rotozip. The Rotozip is much more robust, although the bits are not. Going with the bigger diameter ones (when available) help, though.

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Do you not realize that Prashster prefers Rotozip?

Paul

Prashster

Reaction score
Have fun with your whole 2 amps of power, Mike! Better upgrade your house's wiring b4 plugging it in!

I read somewhere that you can make your own Dremel out of an electric toothbrush an emory board and some duct tape.

Just kidding. It's been a while since I used one, so I really shouldn't disparage. Besides, I hate tool snobs. Tell us how you like it.

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I'll be planning my entry in the power tool drag races...so laugh while you Can before I walk away with first prize.
I'll put wings and a propeller on this bad boy. MUAHHHAHHHA! (mad scientist laugh)

http://laughingsquid.com/2006/05/07/power-tool-drag-races-photos/ :D

Seriously it's perfect for someone like me who has no idea what he is doing-I cant hurt myself too badly with it.
thats the truth...

Last edited:

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
I didn't tell you this, but secret is, yellow racing stripes. Those are worth at least 10% increase in HP. Yup, Yellow Racing Stripes. Didn't hear it from me....

Prashster

Reaction score
Seriously it's perfect for someone like me who has no idea what he is doing-I cant hurt myself too badly with it.

Put me in that category too.

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Mike,

Please share your thoughts after you use it a bit. I'm due for an upgrade for my old Weller, which owes me nothing!

And, yes I also have a Rotozip.

Paul

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Gosh..I wonder who voted for Roto-Zip in the poll Terry set up..? heh.

This is a great gadget. I just put a wicked edge on some hedge trimmers
with very little effort only at half speed...the bit still looks new. I think it may run a little warm with extended use. Not a big concern for home use.

This is clearly not for tradesman/heavy duty use-except for finishing and detail work. Or mosaic artisans/jewelers and so on.
It's just a (relatively) powerful little 2 amp for home use primarily imo-these are my first impressions.

Truthfully..there is little room for criticism from pros because it's just not designed for them. It's a perfect fit for a man-one handed use. This model
has the best grip-I tried them all on display.
That may Not be the case for a woman with small hands however.

This XPR also comes with a heavy duty Flex shaft.

All things considered-it's the 2 amps of power that sets it apart from earlier models
I would imagine. It was the power and the grip that closed the deal for me.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks