Hello, and a liitle help needed. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

danssoslow

Electrician
Reaction score
Hello, all! My name is Daniel. I need a little help identifying a part that is typicaly used in plumbing.

The name and part I'm looking for is the "foot" that is used to attach allthread to a stud or brick. I've seen this used to mount gasline. It is a small square piece of metal with two coutersunk holes on either end to mount the piece to the stud, etc.; and a threaded hole in the center to thread the allthread into.

Thanks for your help! :)
Dan

georgegraz

Reaction score
Dan,
MSC calls it a hanger flange (MSC # 0216816 3/8"). You can get it all diff. sizes and material. This will get you started.
George

danssoslow

Electrician
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, guys. I did a Yahoo search for MSC and the part number, and came up empty. I'm trying to find a picture of that piece on the internet.

The reason I'm trying to find this piece isn't related to plumbing really. I'm into car audio, and have begun to adapt things that I have seen or used on the jobsite to use in particular aspects of car audio. Lately, it has become the norm to use allthread and nuts to brace a subwoofer enclosure. It works great without taking up alot of interior volume, but a piece of allthread sticking out of an enclosure with a nut on the end of it is kind of rough on the eyes. This is why I'm trying to find this flange. I'm hoping to find a pic to print so that I might take it with me to Home Depot so that I can better describe what I'm looking for ( I don't believe any of the employees here locally have much experience with thier products). Also, with a pic, I can suggest this piece to others so that they might be able to locate this part also.

Sorry for the off-topic reason for this post, I figured this forum would be the best place to help me with this.

Thanks again,
Dan

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
2530260.jpg
Fig_CT128R-sm.jpg

http://www.argco.com/cgi-bin/item/2530260A.html

It is a ceiling flange Rob Lowe's sells it, Part ZM742 R 3/8B

Made by Superstrut/Thomas&Betts

Last edited:

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Similar hardware in the aviation game is called a nutplate, although the nuts are usually floating, and I've not seen them in large sizes.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks