Kohler Transfer Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

ziggy96

Reaction score
I am in the process of remodeling my bathroom. I am installing a Kohler 3 way transfer valve after the shower valve body to feed an wall mounted slide bar handheld shower head(along with a regular wall shower head). The installation instructions tell you that the supply to the 3 way valve needs to be 3/4". I am not sure which is the correct way to plumb the shower valve body to the 3 way transfer valve. Do I install a 1/2" to 3/4" adapter at the shower valve body(positoin b on the drawing) and run 3/4" pipe to the 3 way valve or do I install a 1/2" to 3/4" reducer at the 3 way transfer valve(positoin A in the drawing) and run 1/2" piping from the shower body to the 3 way valve?

Another question. The installation instructions show a union or a threaded connection at the 3 way transfer valve supply. Does anyone know if this has to be treaded or can I sweat in the pipe/fitting(depending on the answer to question above) like the other outlets from the transfer valve and shower body?

I've attached a picture to help out.

Attachments

• shower1.bmp
    24.1 KB · Views: 5,169

remodelingit

Reaction score
I have a post similar to yours that you posted on. I talked to Kohler again and got a rep that really knows his stuff. He said that the pressure drop will not happen as I was previously told. With regard to your question, he said to use a copper fitting that is 1/2" sweat on one side and 3/4" NPT female thread on the other side which will be threaded to to the diverted valve inlet. Are you planning on using a 304 mixing valve and a 672 transfer valve? That is the configuration that I plan on using.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks