I believe that there are mold problems within my apartment. There is a graying area under the tile near my toilet that is growing. I had my maintenance fella come and take a look; he changed the wax ring for me. There was quite a bit of black substance around the wax ring area and for some reason the wax ring literally melted when set down, prior to the toilet being replaced. Can you please tell me if this is normal for the wax ring to just "melt"? I ask because I have been having some health problems and am concerned about the potential mold lingering underneath; I am clueless but also trying to to assume too much. Thanks for any feedback or guidance.
My photo file is too big to attach to this post, but if you would like it emailed to comment, please let me know.