Taking apart IPEX - Help please

Users who are viewing this thread

jr1

Reaction score
I just installed a new whirlpool from MAAX. One of the manifold has a leak (a piece broke off). The comapny is sending me some replacement parts (more than I really need according to the support rep I talked with), but I've been warned that it isn't easy.

Has anyone ever pulled apart IPEX joints? Any tips to share? All suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Joel

jr1

Reaction score
Taking apart IPEX pipe

That's the stuff. Xirtec 140, schedule 40 pipe. The tub manufacturer used this all over the tub. So now I have to figure out how to take an elbow out of a special fitting and replace it. I can't cut the fitting, since it's part of the jet assembly.

I haven't got a clue how to soften/loosen up the joint enough to get the elbow out. Any tips or hints in the right direction would be enormously appreciated.

Thanks

Joel

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks