Tub dripping

Users who are viewing this thread

CityKid

Reaction score
The tub faucet is dripping. The top two are for the shower as you can see. And I have the cold handle off. But what am to change in there?

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 221
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 204

Mike Swearingen

Reaction score
Website
www.albemarle-realty.com
You need (a) turn OFF the water supply, (b) remove the bonnets around the valve stem handles (they may unscrew or pry off, either one), and (c) unscrew the valves out counter-clockwise.
Take the valves to a hardware store and replace the rubber o-rings around the valves and the rubber washers on the ends of the stems.
Good Luck!
Mike

CityKid

Reaction score
I dug away some silicone packed into the hole and removed another nut. But see here there is another nut recessed into the wall. Am I supposed to get this out too? How am I supposed I grab it? Thanks for the input.

And one other thing, water still drips from the tub spout even when the hot and cold are shut off.

Attachments

• Valve.jpg
    Valve.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

Put the first nut back in so you do not damage the thread on the piece in the wall. Then unscrew the big "nut" that your included picture shows. The only parts you may find for that valve are washers and seats if they are removable, or one of the old American Standard Re-Nu units.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks