Which Terrazzo Shower Base to buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

dread

Reaction score
I'm finishing the basement and adding a bathroom. I've just finished the rough-in ( with sewage ejector and all ). I want a 40"x40" terrazzo shower base with 2 flanged side and 3 threshold curbs, but am having trouble deciding on a manufacturer. I know about 3 and each have long delivery times ( min 4 weeks ) to where I live in Maryland. The ones I know about are:
I have seen chips for the fiat and acorn models. The fiat sample appears not to have any sealer on it whatsoever. The acorn model has what they call a "Marine coating" on it that makes it shiny. The acorn model also claims to have rebar inside, with the rep saying that this is unique to their process.
All models are in the neighborhood of $400.

Does anyone have experience with these 3 manufacturers?

If the fiat is recommended, what type of terrazzo sealer should I use to prevent stains and to protect the surface?

Is there any trick to lowering this 300 pound monster into place ?

Thanks,
Dread

Suz

Reaction score
Which Terrazo Shower base did you buy?

We are planning to install the florestone 40" Neo angle. I am curious how you did wrestle the monster into place? Also, did you drill into the base to attach glass show enclosure on the three shorter sides? Did you tile the two 40" sides? What do you think of the finished shower? Thank you, Suz

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks