Toto Pacifica vs ? Toto

Users who are viewing this thread

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
We are building a house that has taken several years so far (various reasons). I found out last week that we actually have the Toto Pacifica one-piece toilets that we were planning to install, stored in a local warehouse. We did not realize the plumbers had actually ordered them.

I can't find any performance ratings for them on the big Canadian study. I saearched this forum and found 1 comment from Terry that it would be like the rest of the 3" power flush units. The advantage at the moment is that they are priced at the 2 year old price.

Can anyone provide some additional experience with the Pacifica vs a Drake or Ultramax? Water spot, bowl cleaning, etc.?

cst804s-terrylove-1.jpg

TOTO Pacifica CST808

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Pacifica will rate out similar to the Toto Ultimate in the MaP testing.

The bowl and the trapway are very similar to the Carlyle,

The bowl is similar to the Ultimate and Ultramax too.

If you like the looks, don't worry, this is a very good toilet.

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
Seems old generation

Thanks for replying Terry.

I looked up the Ultimate on MAP and it looks like there has been a significant generation improvement with the other models. The Ultimate is more or less half the solid waste removal rating of just about anyother Toto on the report. This seems a bit worrysome. Can you address that issue?

I am also curious about how much the difference new stain resistant glazing makes on maintenence of the bowl. We are on a well and there may be some minerals.

You said they would be just fine, I am not disbelieving you, but isn't that a significant difference? I just want to be careful. I am going to see if the plumbers will tell me the price of the ones they have so I can compare with current models and weigh the price/performance.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I had the Ultimate in my home for over a year.

Our parties would have over 200 people over.
Frankly, it worked very well in the "real world".
I did not keep a plunger in the home, nor did I really know where to find one in the truck. Most of my customers have good toilets.
Makes my job easier.

With most city water, the glaze does not matter much.
Hard water from wells with minerals, I would be thinking of something with CEFIONTECT. Just because you can.
I sell a ton of the SG Ultramax toilets for that reason. MS854114SG-01

TPA

Reaction score
I've had 2 Pacifica toilets since 2001 and also have 2 Drakes which were installed in ~2002-2003 (can't remember exactly). I think the Drakes have more flushing power, but I still haven't needed to use a plunger with any of them yet. I'm on the road right now, but from memory, the Pacifica has a larger water spot. As far as residue, I think the Drake picks up more, as it has a more squared off trapway(? can't remember the proper terminology), BUT it really is minimal compared to other low-flow toilets I've had and this usually doesn't happen. I'm going to try to look for the Chlorox w/Teflon and see if it makes any difference.

I'm happy with both of them. I DO like the Pacifica's styling, but I can't deny that they cost substantially more than the Drakes. I should point out that the 1-piece Pacifica toilets aren't considered to be "residential" models by Toto, BUT the 2-piece Pacifica & Drake are both considered to be "commerical" models by Toto. That said, I've seen 1-piece Pacificas in commercial applications and haven't heard any complaints.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks