Shower problem, cant find answer anywhere!

Users who are viewing this thread

logikal87

Reaction score
I recently had my bathroom remodeled and everything about the shower except for the plumbing was replaced. The shower head, spout, and dial were all replaced. What happens is when the lever (i cant think of what to call it) is pulled on the spout to direct the water thru the showerhead, nothing happens. it sounds like the water is gonna come out but it never does. please let me know any advice

Chassis

Engineer
Reaction score
I would call the plumber back to have him figure it out. The ideas that come to mind are a blockage in the valve or a blockage in the pipe leading to the shower head. Or a blockage in the shower head itself.

Remove the shower head, turn the water on and pull up the diverter button. If nothing comes out, the problem is in the pipe, valve or diverter. If water comes out, you have a blockage in the shower head.

If the blockage is in the pipe or valve, turn the water supply off and take the guts out of the valve if possible. Inspect for any gunk and reassemble. If still no joy then I'm out of ideas.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Something is blocked. Call the plumber back. He will, most likely, need access to the plumbing behind the shower wall, I hope it has an access pannel.

1 Thing, Remove the shower head and see if water comes out of the shower arm. The head may be pluged.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks