Moving outdoor faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

NEWFREDDY

Reaction score
I currently have an outdoor faucet near the back of my home. I want to move the faucet nearer to the front of the house. Is there an easy way to do this? I was hoping I could attach something to the faucet and run it to the front and bury it just under the surface of the yard. I realize I would have to make sure it is drained in the winter so it will not freeze but do not want the expense of making a complete connection from the main water supply to the front of the house. I was hoping there was a fixture I could either mount on the house or in the ground at the new location.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Get the following parts:

1. One length of reinforced hose that is designed to be constantly pressurized.
2. One double hose adapter with valves to go on your existing faucet (get rid of the space after the www)

3. Hose adapter, valve, and fitting to meet your "front of house" needs for mounting.

If I were doing it, instead of the hose, I would use a piece of 3/4" black poly pipe or 3/4" PVC (my preference) to run around the outside from the faucet. Then add your faucet out front.

CAUTION: This arrangement, and anything else you bury, is probably a violation of backflow prevention regulations. If you are on your own water system, you are the only one at risk. If you are on a municipal system you should worry about others. You need at least a vacuum breaker on the first faucet.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWFREDDY

Reaction score
Bob, thanks for the info.

I have decided not to bury anything but just run a line to the front of the house. When closing up for winter I will be able to move everything inside and then move it back outside in the spring.

Thanks again

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks