sink install

Users who are viewing this thread

farrington

Reaction score
I bought a american standard console sink for my remodeled bath. Basically a sink that rest on four legs. The install is pretty easy except for one step. The directions call for drilling holes in the floor for these studs at the bottom of each leg to fit into. I have never seen this before. I wouldn't care but I have a new tiled floor and if I ever decide in the future to replace the sink I would be left with four 1/4" holes in the floor. Can anyone think of a reason for having to do this? Why not just make the bottom of the legs flat with rubber mounts on them?? thanks

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I don't know for sure but it sounds like the legs are weak or easily moved. You could set the legs with some clear adheasive caulk and that would remove from the tile fairly easily but it sounds like you would have to cut the knob off.

How much area does each leg bottom take up.

What are the legs made of, wood?

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
So you don't accidentally kick a keg out of plumb possibly causing a strain on the drain and supply pipes.

farrington

Reaction score
actually the leg setup is beefy. They are chrome plated brass. The legs along with the brase near the bottom weigh in at 25lbs and so it's not cheaply made. I should probably wait til monday to speak with costomer service. thanks

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
The sink is fastened to the wall. Since the weight is supported on the floor, you need only keep it from moving around. Be gentle around the sink.

Since the site doesn't keep the full URL, you may need to splice this one to get to the American Standard site.

Or take the sink back and get one that doesn't require holes in the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:

farrington

Reaction score
Isn't anything made good anymore. I marked the holes where to drill in the wall and the shelf support bracket split in half when I was taking the sink back off to drill. I could see the two halves of the shelf were brazed together with only a small amount of metal. I paid almost $500 for it and this is what happens. I called where i bought it and the guy said they would rush order another one. What a waste of a day. thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks