Pressure problem sprinkler pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

kfran1234

Reaction score
I have an old dug well with a 1" poly suction pipe in the basement. The well is about 60' away from the house. I'd like to setup a sprinkler pump, but the 1 1/2 hp pump I have has a 1 1/2 inlet and it's only building about 20 psi of pressure with outlets closed. I'm assuming the 1" suction pipe is the problem. Could something else be causing this? Thanks.

Speedbump

Reaction score
That suction line is too small and too long. If you have a 1-1/2" suction you probably have a self priming centrifugal pump. They are usually good for 40 to 50 lbs. This is assuming the water level is less than 25 feet and hopefully much less. The only condition I can think of that would restrict the pump (besides a gad gauge) would be scale in the impeller. There are 5 or more volutes in the impeller and each one that plugs up, the less pressure you will get.

Don't expect a lot of water through that 1" line. Restricting the suction will greatly reduce the pumps ability to get water.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks