Moen positemp debris clogs

Users who are viewing this thread

JerrySprague

Reaction score
anyone out there use the "quikflush tool"

Anyone out there use the "quikflush" tool yet? Flushes debris from moen positemp valves also backflushes

Last edited by a moderator:

JerrySprague

Reaction score
the quikflush works

The quikflush is an awesome tool you can flush all of the trash out of the lines at the moen posi temp valve also backflushes! Atlanta specialty tools sells it. One guy can flush the valve and lines completely without using riggings.Highly recommend it

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Hey pipedream, I think you are a friend of jerryleesprague. Your post is a sales pitch not a users comment. I don't think you know a desanco from a fitting clamp.

Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Hey, what is a desanco.......and can I use it with a fitting clamp???

One thing I have learned about Moen's are that when you have one with integral stops, you can remove that stem assembly and get the majority of buildup, whether it be a disintegrating dip tube on the hot side or just limescale buildup and remove most of the debri from there.

You need a alternate source of water along with someone at the main shutoff in the basement turning the water on and off to complete the task. But integral stops can catch a great deal of the debri and provide an open shot to remove it in this fashion.

And definitely soak those stems when you get them out to delime/descale them and use plumber's grease on the moving parts/threads so you can make them operable the next time you need them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks