Water to both Wall and Ceiling heads

Users who are viewing this thread

smileyroget

Reaction score
I've been looking at local stores without luck for a custom shower head that would have two heads, one permanent one coming from the ceiling and one handheld coming from the wall...I can't find a valve that I can put on the wall (handheld head) that let's water flow to both, or either heads.

This website has items much closer to what I want but I haven't quite found it. I'm building the shower from scratch and can run plumbing anyway I need to. Just need the right valve and to be able to put it on the wall. the ones I've found can work but they would have to be put on the permanent shower head which would be on the ceiling, that's too awkward. Thank you, Roger

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
diverter

There are several ways to accomplish it. The most common is to install a two way diverter valve in the wall next to the shower valve with one outlet to the hand held and the other to the regular head.

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
That is four positions, so you'll probably need two valves

Roger,

Both or either one, right?
A on
B on
A and B on (both, together)
A and B off (both, together)

If you find a valve that allows all that, let me know. I'll keep reading this thread.

David

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You'd need the normal volume control (and maybe a temperature, depending on the style), then a separate divertor valve. You might find a divertor with an off position, but that is not their normal purpose. Now, the thing I'm not sure of is if in the "in-between" position, it will output to both at the same time. Many manufacturers make matching divertor valve trims.

Attachments

• Z29712US divertor valve.jpg
    Z29712US divertor valve.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 312

Lancaster

Reaction score
Another message asked pretty much the same question the other day

Moen 3320

Rough-in Moentrol pressure balancing volume control with built-in three function transfer valve with stops 1/2" IPS Connections

M·PACT common valve system
2 discrete functions, 1 shared function
adjustable temperature limit stop
Not recommended for tub spout application

Other manufacturers have similar valves. Many different trims are available.

moen_3330_4.jpg

Attachments

• 3320.gif
    3320.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 352
Last edited by a moderator:

PaulHG

Reaction score
pardon the intrusion

This begins to look and sound very much like my question regarding spa jets in another thread.

If I am reading this correctly I can get a diverter that could be mounted inline between the main faucets and the shower head -
Then same as described here - but instead of going to a second shower head - go to spa jets.

Correct?

What should I ask for - and who might have such animals

Thanks - and agian forgive the intrusion - just looked like our needs were very similar

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
diverter

Almost all companies make the diverter, and, ideally, you would get the one from the company that made your faucet so the handles and trim would match.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks