Used Kitchen sink install

Users who are viewing this thread

lmanwarren

Reaction score
I replaced my kitchen sink base and countertop.I want to use my old sink in the new countertop.I no longer have the template that came with the sink and was wondering.Once I trace the edge of the sink on the countertop what is the distance that the inside line for cutting is from the line that I draw around the sink itself.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sink

What kind of sink is it? If it is a stainless steel one, then you make the cut so the track that the clips go into will fit the hole. If it is a cast iron one that sits on top of the counter, it doesn't make a lot of difference. And if it is an enameled steel sink, don't bother, just buy a good sink.

erockybalboa

Reaction score
Kitchen sink install

What we want to do after we get the sink into the counter, with some help, is measure approximately the line of this side of the sink in the front just to make sure that it is almost the same. It doesn't have to be exactly the same, but it has to look like its exactly the same. If all of your walls are crooked, and it's straight, its not going to look good. One thing that you have to realize is that your house is probably not laid out straight, so you might not want to put everything straight. Just put it to where it looks fine. And that's how you would line up the kitchen sink in a kitchen remodel.
you can check out a video at:
http://homegarden.expertvillage.com/videos/kitchen-sink-install.htm

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
????

That sounds like the kind of rambling "nonsense" that Rocky Balboa would spout after going 12 rounds with Mr. T. The counter is going to be "straight" and the sink should also be "straight". If the sink is crooked, then it will be very apparent when it does not line up with the front of the countertop, or the backsplash.

luvr29

Reaction score
Info

Maybe you can find out here: It has a number of helpful tips.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Boy, that Lee Wallace guy is good at making stuff up on the fly that he thinks sounds good to unknowing homeowners.

He would be laughed off a jobsite.

Did anyone notice the S-trap for the kitchen sink installation.
I haven't seen anyone do that in over 50 years.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks