Drive-In built in 1949

Users who are viewing this thread

Stacia M. Zloty

Reaction score
We own a drive-in movie theater which was built in the late 40's. The toilets don't flush in a manner that makes any sense. The concession stand in on a concrete slab. I don't want to cut concrete.

My idea is to install rear outlet vacuum flush toilets, run a new sewage line and install proper venting.

Does Toto make a floor mounted rear outlet toilet?

I believe that the current problems we are having is caused by improper venting. If you flush the toilet in the middle, it fills up and then slowly drains. But then if you flush the toilet closest to the septic, they both drain. That is just one scenario. There are all kinds of weird things going on.

These toilets are driving us mad. We completely replaced the septic field, dug up the lines to the holding tank and the stupid toilets still don't go down. But then sometimes they do go down.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
As a process to make it work, you might dig up the line outside the slab where it exits the building and put a 4" vent up to the roof level or above. That should give you venting if venting is a problem.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
mystery venting

something you could try just for fun,...

drill a small hole 1/4 inch in the pvc clean out in the yard.....

see if that does not fix the problem.....

I have even seen a 1/4 inch piece of copper
actually inserted through the wax ring of
a toilet that acted funkey becasue of the septic field...

they ran it under the lip of the bowl and back through
the wall to the outside and killed it out there there

it acted like a vent when the toilet got water logged...
giveine it enough air to flush

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks