Whirlpool Water Heaters

Users who are viewing this thread

Hidden 1

Reaction score
are these the Lowes whirlpool water heaters with that smart box computer on em.?.i had to change the control box out on one once.. ill look at the screens more now for sure!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Reimbursed for what? The lawsuit was for a non-monetary gain. It was a lawsuit because the T/couple kept breaking. It kept breaking because the chamber kept overheating. It kept overheating because civilians would not keep the Flame-trap vent cleaned off. Twice a year is all that should be needed to clean the vent. Civilians were too lazy to do that.

Are you trying to rationalize why a poor design that causes excess maint. and unreliable function of a product is the fault of the customer and not the manufacturer?

onealmr

Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
un like a Rheem, Bradford White, Smith or State........
who stand behind their product

You are a born idiot.... Smith or State that stand behind the warranty?? No duh.... because Whirlpool belongs to AO-Smith and State is also a manufacture of them...

Good job there you...you may now wear your Dunce cap and sit in the corner.

onealmr

Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Are you trying to rationalize why a poor design that causes excess maint. and unreliable function of a product is the fault of the customer and not the manufacturer?

Then please tell me WHY are other makers going to start producing their Flame-trap vents on the bottom???? Water heaters, like my Mitsubishi Evolution VIII (if you have to ask what that is, then you need to do your homework), requires maintenance. It takes me less than 2 minutes to clean the flame trap vent on a whirlpool..... so during a 12-month time frame, I will spend less than 5 minutes a year cleaning underneath my system. But I guess you truly are the smart one.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Then please tell me WHY are other makers going to start producing their Flame-trap vents on the bottom???? Water heaters, like my Mitsubishi Evolution VIII (if you have to ask what that is, then you need to do your homework), requires maintenance. It takes me less than 2 minutes to clean the flame trap vent on a whirlpool..... so during a 12-month time frame, I will spend less than 5 minutes a year cleaning underneath my system. But I guess you truly are the smart one.

Evidently you don't understand my auto-signature....
I'm sorry some people just can't be helped...
Usually those with insufficient cranial capacity...

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Looks like I made someone mad

You are a born idiot.... Smith or State that stand behind the warranty?? No duh.... because Whirlpool belongs to AO-Smith and State is also a manufacture of them...

Good job there you...you may now wear your Dunce cap and sit in the corner.

you really ought to put down the liquor bottle and sober up before you decide to type replies on this thread...

I wish I could figure out what exactly you are babbling about.. I am so stupid...

if you knew anything about having to maintain a whirlpool water heater you would know how difficult it is to actually clean the screen on the bottom , and take apart the front to get at the inside screen.......

most of the public does not want to be bothered with something this difficult...
and most of the public should not be messing with them anyway

once you sober up a bit go read this page on my web site
and get a general education

http://www.weilhammerplumbing.com/galleryiii/

Last edited:

ssacrf

Reaction score
hey, Master Plumber Mark, just a quick (unrelated) question: I read your web-site and wonder about your grade on GE's --- aren't they made by Rheem? Why the difference in grade, then (I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ --- I'm trying to choose between a Bradford White 6yr (50 gallon Gas) and a GE (50 gallon Gas) 12yr at HD)...:(

I'm not trying to hijack...sorry.

Last edited:

batmanspawn

Reaction score
do you know whats the best place to get a manifold door cover? to replace the one that came on it? Ive had the plumbers here 2X already and now I gotta get that part to (hopefully) fix the cesspool my wife bought when I was in Iraq. We've had it a little over a year. The problem is the pilot light won't stay lit. The last time when the plumbers were here it stayed lit for 45 min, then poof out. i tried several times to light it to no avail.
thanks/later/Bruce

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
do you know whats the best place to get a manifold door cover? to replace the one that came on it? Ive had the plumbers here 2X already and now I gotta get that part to (hopefully) fix the cesspool my wife bought when I was in Iraq. We've had it a little over a year. The problem is the pilot light won't stay lit. The last time when the plumbers were here it stayed lit for 45 min, then poof out. i tried several times to light it to no avail.
thanks/later/Bruce

Call the number on your water heater...

Or, better yet just tear it out and bring it back to Lowes tell them you don't give a rats azz about what they say you are here to return the defective junk they sold you...

If they don't take it back, rent their truck put it in the back and bring it in to them at a high rate of speed....

Cut your losses go get a Bradford White...

bw_defender_label.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

VTXdude

Reaction score
Call the number on your water heater...

Or, better yet just tear it out and bring it back to Lowes tell them you don't give a rats azz about what they say you are here to return the defective junk they sold you...

If they don't take it back, rent their truck put it in the back and bring it in to them at a high rate of speed....

Cut your losses go get a Bradford White...

bw_defender_label.jpg

Sorry to bring up an old thread but this sounds like the best advice I have heard in a long time...I take it that the Kenmore FVIR is designed similar to the Whirlpools and requires the same maintenance?

Have had the Kenmore for a month....wondering if Sears will take it back?

Slim and none and slim just left town?

I have a plumber I trust waiting in the wings with a BW ready to install...all I have to do is give him the word

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks