Thermostat Emergency!

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris112

Reaction score
Im not sure where this may go in the forum so I hope its ok here.
I recently bought a condo that has a thermostat in the middle of the living room wall. Its a dial that has numbers 1-5 on it (not degrees). Well I unscrewed it from the wall to try and find out if I can change it and it actually fell off and broke. It was someting I never saw before! It was one solid (looks hollow) hard wire and that was it! IT looks like it goes down the wall to a valve on the end of the heating unit. Thats all there is. It broke on the edge of the thermostat and I do not see a way of putting it back in. If any of this sounds familiar to someone I would greatly appreciate it! Please let me know if where I can find a replacement! There is no namebrand on the valve or the dial. I brought it to a local plumbing shop and they were clueless.

Thanks and I hope you can help!

Chris112

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my problem.. The back of the thermostat, wire out of the wall, and the valve on the heater.. I hope this helps. These are actual pictures of what I have!

100_0893.jpg

100_0895.jpg

100_0896.jpg

100_0900.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tube

IT is a mercury filled tube that actuates the valve. At the very least you will have to replace the top of the valve along with the thermostat. That's assuming you can even find who made it, because they are the only ones who will have a replacement part.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks