Crossing the big water

Users who are viewing this thread

Techno Tim

Reaction score
Website
www.tapstore.com
:confused: I have been in the plumbing world a long time and thought I would have a look at the plumbing problems over the other side of the Atlantic big mistake I do not even understand the way you use the term remodel let alone shower pan.

Does anyone know how to Convert English too an Englishman?

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
"Does anyone know how to Convert English to an Englishman?"

We get into trouble the same way when we refer to a nice fanny on that girl walking ahead of us on a London street. Or when we go into a store looking for a pair of pants, or when we want to call a nurse in the hospital.

Remodel - To tear out the old and put in the new, especially when referring to large sections of a home such as a bathroom or kitchen. http://architecture.about.com/od/improveyourhome/

Shower pan - The waterproof base pan that is laid down before a shower is constructed, usually of tile. It can also be the pre-fabricated base upon which the walls of a shower are constructed. http://www.lascobathware.com/pans_lascoat.htm

Google searches on a high speed internet connection will give you more information than you can possible absorb.

Techno Tim

Reaction score
Website
www.tapstore.com
I would struggle too see that fanny on a girl walking in front of me unless of course there was a rather large man wearing a mirrored suit walking in front of her.

But seriously that does help I understand fully now but i have a long way too go to understand the finer detail of your plumbing systems.

I am going to have to do more reseach around the forum pages.

and posting silly questions?

Cheers

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You think our plumbing is weird...I think your electrical is! Humongous plugs with fuses in them. They both work, I guess that is the important thing.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
English to "English"

When you refer to an "earth connection", the bonnet and boot of a car, a caravan for camping, etc., you are not talking our language. But I love the word "whilst" the way you British use it. In fact I have come across it three times in the last day or so.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Crossing the big water, thats a funny saying our saying would go something like "the other side of the pond".

We also park our cars on a drive way, drive on a park way, and have noses that run.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks