Torn Between Two Totos

Users who are viewing this thread

CatinNJ

Reaction score
Not sure if I should post this here or in re-model, but this one did say toilets...

I am trying to decide between the Toto Carlyle with Gmax and CEFIONTECT or the Toto Dorian, which is a pressure-assisted toilet that does not have Sanigloss.

The biggest problem we've had with all three of our toilets is sweating, and I've read that the pressure-assisted toilets do not sweat.

I'm a little concerned about the noise but I've read that it's not significant. However, the Toto Dorian wasn't included in the huge toilet test so I have no idea how it would have fared.

Recommendations anyone?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Both the Carlyle and the Dorian use a 3" flush valve and a 2 1/16" trapway.

The Carlyle has a higher tank, so the water drops from more height.
The Carlyle is considered a G-Max flush in Toto terms and the Dorian is a Power Gravity, which means it would be more like the Ultimate in the testing.
"Power Gravity" is a gravity system. It does have a 3" flush valve.

Performance with either would be good.

I doubt that either tank would sweat. Since the flush only uses 1.6 gallons and the tank holds much more than that, the water stays warmer.

ms914114-01.jpg

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you're doing some remodeling, one way to prevent sweating of the toilet is to use a mixing valve that adds a little hot water. My guess is that with a pressure assist toilet, since the water is in a pressure tank housed within the ceramic tank, because water does not come in contact with the sides of the ceramic, then it doesn't sweat, at least to the outside! Since there isn't much air exchange inside the toilet, there isn't much moisture to have any condensation. Do you have a deep well? Thought about maybe a storage tank (in addition to the pressure tank) to let the water warm up a little bit? My unprofessional opinion!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks