Vent Pipe Question

Users who are viewing this thread

spebby

Reaction score
I am remodeling a bathroom and decided to update the shower valve (existing valve is from 1962, a Moen) on an adjacent bathroom since the plumbing is exposed for that bathroom. The adjacent bathroom's existing valve is up against a 3" copper vent pipe and there is not room to install a modern pressure balanced valve. My question is must the vent pipe be straight and vertical? Would it be possible to 45 it over around the shower valve and pass a code inspection?.

|
/
|
|O <-- shower valve
|
\
|

Finnegan

Reaction score
Your vent need not be perfectly vertical. As long as water can flow down (no "U" shaped vent pipes), you will be ok.

spebby

Reaction score
It is not being inspected, but I try to do all plumbing, electrical etc. so it would pass inspection.

Thanks finnegan for the response. It will be offset about 6" - 8" but no "U" shape.

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
use the proper fittings to offset it and you won't have any problems.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks