Can I replace a Toto Power Gravity Valve w/a GMAX Valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

IMALIVERU

Reaction score
I have a Toto UltraMax with Power-Gravity valve. It's about 3 years old. The flush valve has gone bad - it doesn't stop filling unless you jiggle the valve. So, I think it needs replacing.

Question: the Power Gravity valve looks very similar to pictures I've seen of the GMAX replacement valve. Can I replace the Power Gravity valve w/the GMAX?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The fill valves are pretty much universal (for most brands), so yes, I think it would work. But, depending on the valve that is there, sometimes all it takes is a new seal for a buck or so.

A completely new valve is less than $10, so it is your call. Many of the new Totos use the Korky Quietfill valve. If you replace it, make sure to adjust the water level per the instructions.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks