drains bubbling and "sewer smell"

Users who are viewing this thread

boomer

Reaction score
i purchased a home approx. four months ago. the bathroom has two sinks, a tub and a toilet. while the tub and or any of the sinks are attempting to drain. the toilet and sinks make a bubbling noise. also there is a strong "sewer" odor coming from the bathroom. the house was built in the '30's' and the previous owners can not be reached to answer any of the questions that we have. we we first moved in we don't recall having this problem. it seems to have just "magically appeared". any help would be appreciated

jdewees

Operating engineer
Reaction score
It is very well possible that the roof vent may be clogged.You may have to clinb up on the roof and look inside the 4" vent with a flash light.I have ran into cases where a bird would build a nest in the vent and this would cause a similar situation

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks