(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Saddle Tee or Wye to Cast Iron

  1. #1

    Default Saddle Tee or Wye to Cast Iron


    I have a 4" Cast Iron Pipe that I would like to put a 4 x2 wye tap on, then connect a water softener discharge line to. The line is at a 45-degree angle. How do I drill or cut the hole for the saddle into the cast? Also do I need a back flow device and or a trap and or vent?

    All help and advice would be appreciated!


  2. #2
    Moderator & Master Plumber hj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

    Default drain

    You need a fitting inserted into the drain line, not a saddle, and you need all three. A backflow in the form of an air gap, a trap, and a vent. You might also want to consider some form of anti flood backup control so the sewer does not overflow the drain and flood the area in the event the sewer becomes obstructed.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts