Bathroom Faucet Problem (help please).

Users who are viewing this thread

NLAlston

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new here, and have a question that I hope someone can help me on. Our bathroom faucet is a dual-handled, cartridge type which began to exhibit problems with leaking. I contacted the manufacturer (Glacier Bay) and they promised to send out replacement cartridges (which I received today). I had noticed, however (a few days ago), that apart from the leaking - the 'hot' water side had begun to lose pressure. With each usage (turning the water on, only when needed) there was less 'hot' water issuing out. Eventually, it ceased to flow at all (there was no such issue with the 'cold' side).

I had hoped that the installation of the new cartridges would have corrected the problem. There was no longer a problem with leaking, and the 'cold' water side seemed even stronger than before. the 'hot' water would not flow at all. Not even a drop!![/I]
........................................................................................................
I can't afford a plumber, at this time, and need to get a handle on this problem. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
This is probably not the faucet itself. You may have a problem with the shut-off valve under the sink. Turn it off, then disconnect the supply line at the base of the faucet. Put the line in a bucket, then turn the valve on . You should get good flow. If not, there is a problem in that line or in the shut-off valve.

NLAlston

Reaction score
jimbo said:
This is probably not the faucet itself. You may have a problem with the shut-off valve under the sink. Turn it off, then disconnect the supply line at the base of the faucet. Put the line in a bucket, then turn the valve on . You should get good flow. If not, there is a problem in that line or in the shut-off valve.

Hi Jimbo ~

And thanks for a speedy response. I was hoping that the problem might be just in the area that you indicated, because I (though not a plumber by any stretch of one's imagination :) ) feel handy enough to conquer that. My fear was that the problem might be deeper down. I will pick up another line, and shutoff valve tomorrow. They aren't that costly (methinks), and probably could use changing anyway. I just hate that the sink is one of those pedestal types, which makes navigating behind it a little more difficult. But not impossible :) .

Thanks much.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks