(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: reverse osmosis system install

Default reverse osmosis system install

Do you gyes know anything about RO systems. I just got one and bought a permeate pump with it but don't know where the permeate pump goes. The RO system is a 6 stage system with a nice size tank on it. It also has a hydraulic shut off valve. Does this diagram of the installation look correct

Hopefully it will show. If not copy and paste or click on this link http://photos.bravenet.com/123/615/169/346998E125.jpg . If anymore info is need please ask. Thanks alot for helping me.

Can't see the picture and the link doesn't work.

Permeate is the good water that has permeated the membrane. Therefore, a permeate pump is used to pump the finished water to storage or to some point where it will come out of a faucet so you can use it.

Without the diagram showing how the system is supposed to work, it is hard to tell you what you need to do. What make and model is the the system? Can you post a link to the manufacturers site where the system diagram is shown?

If your storage tank is a bladder tank, it may be that permeate pump goes from the product outlet of the membrane to the storage tank.
    Without any idea of your system, we are all at sea with no compass. If you don't have a diagram and pretty good instructions on how to operate and maintain the system, then you are at sea with little hope of reaching shore.

You have to copy and paste the link on the address bar. Sorry. Thank you for helping me out.

Let me try this one more time. Please note that this is a 6 stage system. One of the stages is a uv light. The words on each tube indicates only what color the tube is.
    These are some diagrams of it

This is a sideview of it.

This is a topview of it

. Hopefully you can read it and understand it. I think that is the way I have to install the permeate pump. Thank you for the help.
    Last edited by robj; 03-30-2006 at 07:24 PM.