Another great inspection

Users who are viewing this thread

TheZster

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the input about my cleanout. I passed today's inspection with flying colors - kindasorta.... I'm truly convinced that, if your work is clean/organized/and shows a basic knowledge of plumbing - the inspectors will "bypass" some items. I had a sanitary 90 T heading to my main stack - and the inspector told me it "really should be" a sweep 90 instead... but he told me not to worry about it.... and signed off my rough in.....

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Wow , no inspector that I know would let me get away with that.

Prashster

Reaction score
It's better to look good than to feel good

Like you, I'm not a pro, and I appreciate the line we diy'ers navigate between the code and what's easy.

That being said, there's only one thing worse than doing your own plumbing work incorrectly without knowledge: asking pros how to do it correctly, and then still doing it incorrectly.

Even if the inspector passed you, double shame on you ;)

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
thezster, this is not a reflection on you.

I can hear it now

Homeowner to his friend: "Oh I just had a plumbing inspecton done on some work I did and the inspector let me do it with the wrong part installed, Imagine what they must let the plumbers get away with!!!"

Friend: "Yeah, it's just a scam to get our money and let them charge high prices"

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That being said, there's only one thing worse than doing your own plumbing work incorrectly without knowledge: asking pros how to do it correctly, and then still doing it incorrectly.

Which is why I try not to do "remote" piping layouts. I have even had weird installations, (which had to be taken out and discarded), when the person had a perfect drawing of what he had to do.

TheZster

Reaction score
Maybe it was the free beer.... ;)

I wasn't trying to get away with anything.... the sanitary 1.5 inch T was used to maintain my 1/4inch/ft. drop along the spaghetti bowl of the bathtub drain. He told me I "might" have problems cleaning it out in the future.... but it wasn't an issue in his opinion.... What can I say?? Maybe he got lucky the previous evening....... :confused:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks