48x48 Shower Receptor Needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Prashster

Reaction score
Anyone know of a 48x48 shower receptor? The only one I can find is Kohler Memoirs. Opinions?

Looked into Kerdi. But I don't want to tile the receptor - just the walls.

Help appreciated.

Prashster

Reaction score
no preference. I just want something nice and spacious. If there's another 'standard' for largeness that is more widely available, please advise.
-p

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If your looknig for a base try Aqua Glass they have a 60X36 which is just a little smaller.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
base

prashster said:
Not sure what you mean.

I want a big shower. Is that too big?

For you, probably not, but I have never heard of anyone else wanting a premade base that size. So if any company made one, their potential customer base might be just one, namely you, and that would not be enough demand to produce it economically. Although with engineering and tool up costs, they might be able to make one for about $50,000.

Prashster

Reaction score
Kerdi and Kohler make ones that are similarly priced to their smaller base cousins, so I guess it's not that 'weird'.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
base

prashster said:
Kerdi and Kohler make ones that are similarly priced to their smaller base cousins, so I guess it's not that 'weird'.

Once the engineering and production issues are taken care of, then they can be produced economically. But, those costs have to be spread across the total assumed production demand, which for a base that size is very small. If you notice, that, and one other, are about the only "square" ones that are not 34" or 36" deep.

Last edited:

Prashster

Reaction score
How do you like the Kerdi Shower system? Yeah, I know, HJ. You're gonna say, "Go read John Bridge". I did. Want to know YOUR opinions on it, though.

Prashster

Reaction score
Thanks, Rob. I think I'm gonna do the whole thing in Kerdi, though. Looks doable and that'll give me ultimate flexibility.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks