Plenty of Pressure, but none in the shower

Users who are viewing this thread

DavidGrant

Reaction score
I have two showers that have very low water pressure. I checked the pressure coming into the house with a pressure gauge and it is just around 80 psi, so there is no supply problem. Are there different types of shower regulators that would reduce that level of supply pressure to a puny shower flow? I know there are valves that reduce the chance of scalding, but they should not reduce the overall shower pressure THAT much, should they?

Thank you for you input. I am about to remodel one of the bathrooms, and don't want to have the same shower pressure situation when I am finished!

David

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
80# does not mean you have good flow. You may have a bad PRV or a badly corroded supply line.

Try hooking up the the pressure gauge and turning on a faucet and see what the pressure is then.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pressure

You have to test the pressure when the shower is running. But the anit-scald valves equalize the hot and cold pressure, so if there is a problem on the hot side, for whatever reason, the cold side, and also the volume will be reduced to match it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks