Won't clear bowl

Users who are viewing this thread

pah22

Reaction score
After helping me figure out that I had a bum bowl a couple of weeks ago (leaked out the whole in the back just below the tank), Im back w/ a new problem. The new American Standard Cadet I have won't clear the bowl when flushing. I've messed with the chain slack, the float position, length time holding the handle, and the water valve openning. Nothing will get it to give me a good clean flush. Ideas? Many thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Check out Terry's toilet performance reports...my guess is that that model didn't perform very well. Can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, so they say. NOt all toilets actually do a very good job! You could have a clogged line, but if it goes down but doesn't clear the bowl, it is not likely that, just poor design.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks