Tub Draining Slowly

Users who are viewing this thread

BMWMK2

Reaction score
i just finished the new tub and shower, used it for the first time and it doesnt seem to drain quick enough it holds a small puddle while showering and i can hear it gulping, it is a new drain, trap is clean. im stumped :confused:

thanks mike

BMWMK2

Reaction score
no i didnt all i did was replace an existing tub and added a shower riser. i didnt know tub drains have vents.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
ALL fixtures must be vented. That's the what is causing the gulping. This makes me wonder if there is a trap and if the drain is large enough. A shower needs a 2" drain. Tubs benefit from a large drain also, but 1-1/2" will work.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
glub glub

think the first thing I would do is snake that drain all the way thriugh........

BMWMK2

Reaction score
could it be that the overflow plunger is not set high enough? because i think that there is proper venting and the trap is clear.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
glub glub

Of course. There is an adjustment.

I guess we thought that you already did that.

BMWMK2

Reaction score
Yea I Guess I Had A Brain Fart :) Well That Did The Trick, Drains As Fast As You Can Put The Water In It

thanks Guys, Again

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks