Toto Drake tank with other maker bowl?

Users who are viewing this thread

llrpurch

Reaction score
Greetings all and sorry in advance for what's likely a really stupid question. I looked before posting here and didn't see anything that would provide an answer so I hope you don't mind a truly asinine query...

I recently bought 2 Toto Drake toilets and they shipped to me here in Las Vegas from back east. The carrier treated them like gorilla fodder and one of the bowls arrived broken. The company immediately sent a replacement bowl and YF Gorilla's jumped on that one too, again breaking it. So the company I bought them from kindly offered to refund the full price of the second toilet and said I could keep the tank for the second toilet, which had delivered safe and sound on the first delivery. The second toilet was just for the guest bath anyway so it's no big deal to me either way.

I'm wondering if a different manufacturer's bowl will fit on a Toto tank since I already have it here. For instance, if I go to Lowes or Home Depot and pick up a semi-decent bowl from Eljer or AmStandard, am I completely off my rocker thinking it will work with a Toto tank?

When I went to HD to ask this question the plumbing guy gave me a "chicks...sheesh!" look, said they don't sell Toto (which wasn't the question I asked), blew me off, turned his back to me and went back to chatting with his buddy about...well, let's just say they obviously knew a lot about the various Gentlemans Clubs down on Industrial Blvd. That's why I decided to ask here.

Thanks in advance for any info you might have to share as well as the wealth of information that was so very useful in my decision to go with the Toto Drake for the master bath. The one that didn't get broken is installed along with a Jasmine washlet seat and we LOVE it.

Best regards,
Lydia

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I wouldn't even begin to know what other brand you could put that on.

I would just save it for parts.

For starters, it has a 3" flush valve, which eliminates all of the 2" flush valve bows.

The bolt pattern would have to match, and then there is the raised portion of the bowl that acts like a dam that may or not match up to the tank.

The real thing is, I don't know anyone that has put any infor out on it.
It would be a trial and error procedure.

You should be able to find a local supplier by going to the Toto web site
www.totousa.com

I would guess that there is someone within 10 miles of you that sells them.

llrpurch

Reaction score
Thanks Terry!

Thank you for responding,Terry. I'll probably keep the extra tank around as parts but will give a call to the local retail sources to see how expensive it would be for just a replacement bowl. They were a good chunk more on the full units, which was why I went back east for them. Was less $ to buy back there and pay their shipping than pay full price here in town plus the tax. But since it's just a bowl...might be worthwhile.
And they certainly are incredible toilets, especially with the Sanigloss.
Thanks again, Terry.
Best regards,
Lydia

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The price may have been better, too bad the shippers broke the bowls.

I quit shipping years ago because of breakage.
I hand deliver now in my local area.

Sometimes the shipping problems don't show up until a few months down the road.
A big crack is obvious, the small ones may not.

When I work with this locally, a crack is just about unheard of.

The CEFIONTECT is cool.
I sell a lot of the "SG" Drakes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks