jet pump problems

Users who are viewing this thread

taf121

Reaction score
I'm trying to get a jet pump working again after not using it for a few years.
(I was told that it is a jet pump system...two pipes going out)

I primed the pump and have water pressure of app. 38 psi. at the pump housing. The pump keeps running but the pressure will not build any higher than 38 psi. I have no water going to the pressure tank. The tank has 20 psi. of air pressure. What could be keeping the water from going into the pressure tank?

The tank is a Well Trol WX 102. The only thing between the pump housing and the tank is some sort of valve that is spring loaded. I tried adjusting the valve with no change. Is this what is called a check valve and could it be keeping the water from the pressure tank? Thank you for any help.

Tom...

Last edited:

Speedbump

Reaction score
The valve could be a back pressure control. It is used to make the pump work properly. With only 38 psi and no water going into the tank, I would think the valve is shut off completely.

Is this the original pump, or one you just installed?

bob...

Speedbump

Reaction score
It should have a bolt or screw that can be turned out and in. In increases backpressure and out decreases pressure to the jet in the well.

bob...

taf121

Reaction score
I just took the valve apart and didnt see anything wrong.
I then put it back together and backed the bolt all the way out.
The pressure only increased to 40 psi. What would happen if I eliminated the valve completely?

Speedbump

Reaction score
They are necessary on deep set jets. It all depends on your water level. I would leave it in line and while running a lot of water adjust it so the pump stays quiet while running.

bob...

taf121

Reaction score
I adjusted the screw to the original position that I found it.

The pump still runs continuosly...at 40 psi. (will not increase above 40 psi.)
I still am unable to get water into the pressure tank and of course no water to the outlet hose connection.
Would a defective pressure tank keep the water from entering the tank?
Do you have any other suggestions on getting water to the pressure tank? Thank you..

Speedbump

Reaction score
If you have your tank aired up to less than 40 psi, some water will enter the tank. Don't expect it to take in a lot of water because that is not how bladder tanks work. The pump will shut off when you get the pressure switch set to 19/39. I don't know why your not getting any water out of a faucet. Check all the valves and any filtration.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks