toto aquia - clunking sound when flushed?

Users who are viewing this thread

pinny

Reaction score
Just finished installing our new dual flush TOTO toilet, and am wondering about the sounds we're hearing, and if this is "normal and to be expected", or if we have a problem.
1. When the toilet flushes, there is a significant "clunking" sound as the "blue float" goes down. Normal?
2. After flushing, and the bowl is refilled with water, there is still a noisy "tinkling" of water heard for about 1 minute. I tried to figure out where this noise is coming from, and I think its from water dribbling down the drain. Normal?

Your advice is appreciated!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't hear a clunk on mine.
Okay, maybe a little clunk.

It's seems pretty darn quiet though.
I have customers with toilets on a second floor that buy the Aquia because they are a quieter flushing toilet then some, the water moves out more evenly and is less noticeable in the downstairs.

The water at the end, is the bowl refilling, and the water through the trapway.
Most toilets do this, you hear it on the Aquia because of the plastic trap adapter.

By the end of the week, you tend to quit listening for it.
On with the reading!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks