Odd water supply location--what toilet will work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Judie

Reaction score
I'd planned on replacing an old toilet with a Toto Drake, but the spec sheet seems to indicate that the toilet sits
very close to the wall. The water supply comes in directly behind my toilet--no offset--and I'd rather not hire a plumber to move it. (There's an air vent on one side of the water supply and heaven knows what on the other side--the other toilets in the house have the water supply offset, so I suspect there could be a reason this one is the way it is.)

Does anyone know whether I'm reading the spec sheet correctly? Or have a Drake installed that they can look at? I'd need at least a 3.5 inch clearance between the wall and the toilet. (The water supply is 7" from the floor, if that helps, and the toilet flange is the standard 12" from the wall.) Obviously I could go to the plumbing supply store and look, but it's a long drive away so am hoping somebody can help.

If Totos are out, can anyone recommend a good alternative that might work?

Thanks,
Judie

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It doesn't look like the Drake would work unless you put an elbow on the supply line and ran it out to where it would clear.

Spokaneman

Reaction score
I would think that while you have the toilet out, soldering an elbow to move the valve to an offset position would be time (and money if you hire it done) well spent, in case you need to get to the valve in a hurry. Soldering a fitting is quite easy or even use a compression fitting if necessary (that makes the pros cringe).

Since the supply line is behind the toilet, presumably out of sight, if you bugger up the wall a bit, it should be not a big deal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks