Undermount installation option???

Users who are viewing this thread

jcifjr

Reaction score
I'm planning on purchasing an Amer. Stand. Lifetime whirlpool tub
(Model 2425L-LHO) and specs say that it was "Designed with undermount installation option". It also states that it has "Integral three-sided, tiling flange". My question is, if it has a built in tiling flange, how does this "undermount option" work? How can you install a bath deck on top of the flange?

I'm only a do it yourselfer, but I've done a couple of recess tub installations, however I've never heard of this option.

:confused:
Thanks in advance.

jcifjr

Reaction score
tub

I agree.....that's why I'm confused as to what an Undermount installation option is. Is there some sort of kit that will allow you to undermount even though it's got the flange?

Rdtompki

Reaction score
I spent a lot of time looking a whirlpool tubs recently and all of the "undermount" models had a flat lip that could be undermounted or could still be used in a drop-in installation. The tubs with a rounded lip could not be undermounted.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks