Fixture Finishes

Users who are viewing this thread

Sammster

Reaction score
We are doing a remodel (clawfoot tub, antique washstand, etc). We were considering a high tank water closet. Here's the problem: All the fixtures we have ordered for our new bathroom are in antique or tuscan brass finish. I cannot find a conversion kit for a high tank water closet with anything other than "polished brass" or chrome or nickel. I found a website that explains the antiquing process of bright brass, and would consider that, if that were our only option.

1) Can anyone direct me to a company who sells the conversion kids in antique or tuscan brass?
2) Has anyone done their own antiquing of bright brass, and could you share your experience?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
finish

Take it to a commercial plater who will put a sealant on it after the antiquing is done. If you do it yourself, the finish will deteriorate in a very short time.

Sammster

Reaction score
Thanks, HJ. A commercial plater? What heading would that fall under in the yellow pages?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks