My submersible pump sucks the water out of the well fast and then is it sucks air.
The ball valve all most closed to keep the pump from running dry.
My plumbing contractor thinks that the screen on the well casing is plugged with lime.
I had a friend tell me that his well did the same thing.
They pulled out the pump and dumped 1 gallon of sulfuric acid down the casing and let it sit.
Then they dropped dry ice down the casing to agitate the acid and clean out the lime.
After that sat for 24 hours they put the pump back in and ran the water ( not letting it go into the house ) out on the ground to clear out the leftover acid.
Have you heard of this kind of fix? Dose it sound reasonable to you?
Yes, I have heard of this. It is not a fix, it is trying to commit suicide if you get too close to the fumes this can produce. If it does any good at all, it is temporary. People shoot down wells with shotguns etc. but I don't recommend that one either. Dry ice does nothing.
The thing to use is Nu-Well tablets. They are a slow dissolving tablet using sulphamic acid not muriatic or sulphuric. The last two violently react with sulphur. And they don't do a thing to iron encrustations on a well screen.
Here is a place you can call to buy the tablets. I don't stock them, because where I live all the wells are rock wells and don't need screens.
BJW Berghurst & Sons
Last edited by Terry; 10-17-2008 at 05:48 PM.