Braided vs. Copper supply

Users who are viewing this thread

ursinus133

Reaction score
Hello,

I am installing a new tub and faucet. I have plumbed supply lines for tubs in the past but have never done or seen them done with braided lines. Is their a reason for this? I just thought it would be easier with braided lines to fix any future leaks coming from the screw fittings in the mixing valve. Thanks.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Stainless braid over a flexible core is good but it usually has a rubber gasket and core, and is not as permanent as properly soldered copper pipe. I would not use it in an area that doesn't have easy access for repair. Also, the size usually used for toilets and faucets is pretty small for filling a tub.

ursinus133

Reaction score
I have easy enough access but I thought that size might be the problem with the braided. I just hope that the teflon wrapped fitting doesn't leak. thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
supplies

If you read the tag on the flexible supplies it will say, "Not to be used in concealed spaces". And if you do everything right, there is no need to access them once the wall is closed up. If you do use them, however, then you definitely want a way to access them when you have a problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks