Replacement parts for the old radiators in my home

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I have been looking for replacement parts for the old radiators in my home. I haven't had any luck with finding a dealer in New York. The only place i did find was a place in Mass., but i fear the shipping charges. I am looking for replacement valves (standard) and replacement knobs. The ones I have are leaking where the knob and valve come together. I have tried plumbers tape, but this has been only a short term fix, as they are leaking again! The knob is stripped where it enters the bonnet nut on the valve. Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated. I fear that the continued leaking will ruin the surrounding flooring. Thank you for your time.

Brownizs

In the Trades
Reaction score
Steam or Hot Water Radiators? I did a quick search on Yahoo search for "Steam Radiator Replacement parts", and came up with quite a few hits.

flamingo

Reaction score
HI,
Seems to me they need to be repacked. I don't remember/know much about it other than that we had a leak in one of ours (hot water heat) and the furnace guy told us something about repacking. as for knobs, try ****.
Good luck,
AMy

Chicago DIY

Reaction score
I just bought a radiator valve at Home Depot today for baseboard cast iron a friend was putting in for me.

Now this is in Chicago so I don't know where you live.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks