A few progress photos for you all

Users who are viewing this thread

KAdams4458

Reaction score
Thought I'd share the joy and wonder of my home project with you folks. I can't be the only one who'll get a kick out of the kind of things I'm discovering.

For a little background, this all started out as a service panel replacement that lead to the need for relocating our washer and dryer. Our water heater will be occupying half of the food pantry, and a stacked washer and dryer will be installed where the water heater used to be.

Instead of murdering bandwidth for this site, I'll include a link to my comcast.net web space where I've posted all of the current photos of the project on one page. It may take a while to load for some of you, but have patience!

Feel free to post any comments or questions. I'd love to hear what you have to say! Information regarding my plan to swap the 36-year-old galvanized pipe to CPVC would be great to have, too!

http://home.comcast.net/~kcadams/utility%20room.htm

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Zerolac stain blocker, good for blocking smells too.

Zerolac.jpg

http://www.zehrungbrands.com/zerolac.html

I like to use Zerolac to cover the smell left by mice and rats.
It's a stain blocker and a smell blocker.

If you're not using the old 1.5 washer drain, it should be capped off.
Any washer drain should be 2" and be vented within five feet of the trap.

Looks like you have a good sized job going there.

KAdams4458

Reaction score
Zerolac? I haven't heard of it before now, but I also hadn't thought about getting rid of the rodent odour, either. Great suggestion!

Yes, the 1.5" drain is going to be replaced and the 2" running to the other side of the room is being removed completely. That 1.5" drain was left just like that inside of the wall! When I found it, I dumped some wter in it to fill the trap and I've been adding a bit of water to it daily to keep it full.

Tomorrow is the day that the I cut out everything out. I have a 2" cap on hand to slap over the waste line when I slice in to it, and I figured I'll keep a bucket beneath the 1.5" vent while it's disconnected just in case it rains.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks