Greenboard/vapor barrier/etc questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
My guess is that that stuff has in the fine print not suitable for wet areas. If they recommended it, they should fess up to their ignorance and pay up. Probably not worth it, but a complaint to the better business bureau might enlighten them a bit and save the next guy. Just verify first! No pro worth his license would use mastic in a shower, nor does the TCA approve it.

Lithnights

Reaction score
jadnashua said:
My guess is that that stuff has in the fine print not suitable for wet areas. If they recommended it, they should fess up to their ignorance and pay up. Probably not worth it, but a complaint to the better business bureau might enlighten them a bit and save the next guy. Just verify first! No pro worth his license would use mastic in a shower, nor does the TCA approve it.

What's the TCA?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Tile Council of America. Most places rely on them for the basis of how to do things related to tile. They perform testing to validate install techniques and make recommendations of methods that work. In some juristictions, tile jobs must be done to their standards, especially showers. Tile jobs, in some places, when done by a professional, must be done per code, and this council generally is the one that applies.

Check out www.johnbridge.com for tile related experts.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks