Well pressure switch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ed O'Neill

Reaction score
I have a problem with my well. The pressure switch is set @ 30/50. The pressure gauge gets up to48 psi and the pump keeps on running, all night if I don"t open the points. I have replaced the p/switch and get the same results. When I open the points the pressure stays at 48 all night unless i use some water.The tank at o pressure read 28 lbs. The points close at 28 instead of 30.
I can see the points on the right side spark and the left side does not. the voltage on each side is 110v. Any sugestions would be apreciated

Speedbump

Reaction score
You didn't say what kind of pump you have Ed. I will assume a jet since it won't make more than 48 psi. A sub would do much better in most cases.

Your water level may have dropped enough that the pump can't achieve 50 anymore. In that case turn the pressure switch down a few pounds. If that doesn't cure the problem, post back with more info about the system and we will go from there.

bob...

Last edited by a moderator:

Pumpman

Pump Sales
Reaction score
If it is indeed a jetpump, you could also have a partially plugged ejector nozzle. Most pumps need to be dis-assembled to clean the nozzle.
Ron

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks