Drain help for new acrylic shower install

Users who are viewing this thread

Amoreena

Reaction score
Hi! I've just removed my old leaking tile shower and want to replace it with an acrylic shower unit. Can anyone tell me what type of drain I have left here, and what to remove/how to connect a drain for an acrylic unit to it? I'm on a concrete slab, and I think this drain is cast iron, as the house is about 30 years old. Thanks, Amoreena

Attachments

• drain.jpg
    drain.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,720

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

It is hard to tell with the mortar still attached to the drain fitting, but it appears to be a cast iron unit. That has little relationship to the type of pipe, however. It is either screwed onto the riser pipe, or attached to it with a lead, or rubber joint. We cannot tell which of the above applies to you or the best way to remove it since each type of pipe and attachment requires a different method.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks