Marathon Water Heater

Users who are viewing this thread

housebldr2

Reaction score
Hi everyone, We're considering going the extra $$ and purchasing the 80 gal Marathon Hot Water Tank. Many of the Electric Coops are utilizing them and they look like they are a great idea. We still might have a water smell ---- but, great point is there is no anode rod. Great clean-out design. Many good features. Is it too good to be true? Any of you had any good/bad experience with them?

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
marathon

they are made by RHEEM...

supposed to have a lifetime warranty on them.....

or as long as you live in the house, its not transferrable.....

they are ok....home depot is selling them for
leterally below cost right now or cheaper than I can get them for.

most plumbers are not too happy with Rheem ....

because its hard to believe that I can buy a heater cheaper
from home depot than I can from my wholesaler.....

housebldr2

Reaction score
They are definitely not available at our Home Depots in Ohio. Can only get through a plumbing dealer. Are they a good Hot Water Heater?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
heater

If any plastic water heater can be called "good" then I guess they are good. They are guaranteed for life, but that only means when it breaks they will give you a new one and you will have to install it, or pay to have it installed. If you buy one, read the instructions carefully, because many "lifetime" heaters are only guaranteed if you register them according to the instructions.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks