Know of any 60x30" Bathtub with 15" rough-in for drain?

Users who are viewing this thread

jcpcac

Reaction score
I am remodeling. My current drain is 15in on-center from the wall. My prior tub was 60x30x14. I currently have ceramic tile butted to the tub. So I need the exact tub dimension (60x30) with and drain-rough of 15 in.

My problem is the current drain... The drain outlet (15" from the wall) is butted to the i-beam (Silent flooring), so I can't reposition the drain to less than 15 in from the wall. I don't want to break the ceramic and the mud underneath it. I already did the water plumbing fixtures to be 15" on center.

I bought the Amercian Standard Princeton bathtub and the rough-in is 14 3/8". I need to return that b/c I can't move my drain.

I don't want a cast iron due to its back-breaking lift to the second floor. Does anyone know of a standard tub (60x30) with a 15" roughin from the wall? Steel? Acrylic? etc? Pluses or minuses? Do I need to lay a bed?

Thanks... I need help..

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tub

Keep the Princeton. Use a Watco, or similar push/pull stopper drain, with 1 1/2" schedule 40 sockets and you can angle from the tee at 15" to the tub drain at 14 3/8". Then use street, or regular 1/16 or 1/8 bends to line the overflow up with the tee. Then move the water and valve back to 14 3/8" centers. If you cannot do it, any good plumber can.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks